The first set I came across was 'A New Dawn, A New Day'. There are certain features that I love; his skies look incredible, some of the fashion pieces are fabulous. The editing though is a really basic style, like the beginners guide to photoshop, and I think this is intentional, but I think it makes the set look cheap, not kitsch, which be maybe what he maybe trying to achieve. I really don't like his choice of models... they are seriously underweight. These are not easy images to look at.
Looking through some more of his work I came across some of his black and white pieces, and I really liked these. The lighting and shadows are really stunning The best ones I can't find a usable link for, but they can be seen here.
This image I like, it reminds me of the feeling of reaching into a dream. I think Sannwald has used the perfect model for this photo, the colour and length of her hair really works with the box,
It reminds me very much of this image, by David LaChapelle, of Ewan McGregor.
The more I looked at Sannwalds work, the more I started to really like it, I went back and looked at the first set I looked at, and I really saw them again. He seems as though he really has fun with his work, and loves what he does. His work suggests that he is inspired by everything around him.
I think Sannwald maybe like those songs you hear for the first time and hate, and the more you hear it, the more you can't stop yourself singing along to it... and then one day, you find yourself passionately singing along like it's the best song ever written.

No comments:
Post a Comment